ADRA Cayman considers hurricane preparation as a critical process to minimize the risk associated with such natural disasters. To control the potential hazards and risks before, during and after a hurricane, ADRA Cayman has developed an organizational structure to manage each stage. The Organization Chart shows the relation between the Cayman Islands Hazard Management, Cayman Islands Conference and ADRA Cayman Executive Committee and its Volunteers
We believe that the management of ADRA’s policies and procedures must be organized to deliver an effective and efficient humanitarian response during a crisis. The guidelines below summarize our operational structure.
- ADRA Cayman Executive Committee communicates with the Cayman Islands Conference as it relates to its operational strategies as the need arises.
- ADRA Cayman Executive Committee communicates with the Cayman Islands Hazard Management Team concerning the implementation of its Hurricane Plan including Training of its Volunteers.
- ADRA Deputy Director of Operations manages all ADRA supplies and Coordinates all financial supports under the management of ADRA’s Fund Raising Committee.
- ADRA Cayman Executive Committee select Area Coordinators and Zone Leaders to manage the distribution process.
- ADRA Cayman Executive Committee Identifies Zone Areas and Hurricane Shelters to assign volunteers in all districts.
- ADRA Executive Committee assigned Area Coordinators and Zone Leaders to the various districts.
- ADRA Executive Committee distributes ADRA ID to Volunteers.
- Area Coordinators and Zones Leaders meet and identifies specific streets in the districts to assigns volunteers.
- Area Coordinators assigns Zone Leaders and volunteers to Hurricane Shelters.
- ADRA Executive Committee ensures that all basic personal emergency supplies such as masks and gloves are available to all volunteers.
- ADRA Executive Committee communicates to Cayman Islands Hazard Management the need for Personal Protective Equipment for Volunteers as required in accordance with the level of risks.
- Cayman Islands Hazard Management supplies ADRA Volunteers with Personal Protective Equipment for High risks areas.
- ADRA Executive Committee Health Specialist delivers Sanitization Training for all ADRA Volunteers.